1. STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the standard terms and conditions for Coding & Robotics online courses and apply to all subscription types undertaken by The Very Little Agency (from now on 'TVLA') for its clients via the website https://galatiq.app.
2. OUR FEES
All subscription plans will be explained throughout the website and each of the products advertised will contain its features and prices with VAT included. In case of contradiction anywhere across the website, users should contact us to confirm the valid price or rate.
3. MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTIONS:
In case the client has bought an ongoing subscription at galactiq, the house rules are: + Each monthly charge will be paid in advance by the client.
+ In case the payment does not go through, our website automatically will issue a reminder, in case the outstanding amount is not paid on time, your account will be temporarily disabled and will only become active again when the pending amount is fully paid.
+ If the service gets interrupted, the client won't be able to use any of the learning features.
The galactIQ Academy subscription (online lessons with one of our teachers) has the following characteristics:
+ Each lesson will be conducted by one of our specialists.
+ Our organisation uses zoom.us to conduct each lesson. Each parent(los dos padres???) will receive a confirmation email including a zoom link students will use to connect each time.
+ Our staff will explain the features of this communication tool, but will not fix problems with computers, connection or any other technical issue. We recommend our customers to test their computer before activating the connection to each class.
+ In case our teacher would be late a maximum of 5 minutes to a session, the lesson would have to be extended in equal proportion.
In case the teacher should be late more than 5 minutes, the lesson will be extended in equal proportion (to the tardiness).
+ In case our teacher cannot connect to the meeting caused by a technical problem, galactIQ will proceed to organise a 'catch-up lesson' to compensate the class for this.
+ Las lecciones se interrumpen durante las vacaciones escolares oficiales. galactIQ no se pondrá al día con estas lecciones a menos que no entreguemos más de 3.8 lecciones por mes en promedio (considerando el curso de septiembre a junio)
Users of legal age can sign up minors under their own responsibility, the act of subscribing a minor to galactIQ's website implies that the subscriber is the parent, legal tutor, teacher or school responsible. The user needs to have permission of his or her parents or guardian to provide the personal data to The Very Little Agency / galactIQ. Users can request The Very Little Agency / galactIQ to modify the minor's personal data at any time by sending a request email to email@example.com.
5. ONE TIME SUBSCRIPTIONS
These types of subscriptions have a limited amount of time where users will be able to access the plan's features. After that time your access to the learning resources will be stopped.
Once the course/subscription has been paid, we make no refunds.
+ You can pause, cancel or resume your subscriptions by yourself under the "My subscriptions" section under your user menu.
+ TVLA/galatiq complies with the GDPR European law, if you want to be forgotten or want your details to be completely deleted from our servers or databases, please contact directly with our customer service via firstname.lastname@example.org
+ For any other enquiries about our compliance with the EU GDPR law, please contact us via email@example.com
8. PRIVACY AND PROTECTION
To protect your privacy, we will never disclose any information we hold about you to a third party, unless required by law or with your agreement. We may wish to inform you of special offers from time to time, but if you would prefer not to receive such information, please contact us.
In no event shall The Very Little Agency / ICANCODE SCHOOL/ galactIQ be liable for any damage arising, directly or indirectly, from the use of the information contained on
this website including damages arising from inaccuracies, omissions, or errors. Any person relying upon any of the information contained on this website or making any use of the information contained herein, shall do so at his, her, or its own risk. The Very Little Agency / ICANCODE SCHOOL / galactIQ hereby disclaims any liability and shall not be held liable for any damages including, without limitation, direct, indirect, or consequential damages including loss of revenue, loss of profit, loss of opportunity, or other loss.
To the full extent permitted by law, all terms, conditions, warranties, undertakings, inducements or representations whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise (other than the express provisions of these terms and conditions) relating in any way to the services we provide to you are excluded. Without limiting the above, to the extent permitted by law, any liability of TVLA/galactiq under any term, condition, warranty or representation that by law cannot be excluded is, where permitted by law, limited at our option to the replacement, re-repair or re-supply of the services or the payment of the cost of the services that we were contracted to perform.
11. GOVERNING LAW
The agreement constituted by these terms and conditions and any proposal will be construed according to and is governed by the laws of The Netherlands. You and TVLA/galactiq submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in and of The Netherlands in relation to any dispute arising under these terms and conditions or in relation to any services we perform for you.
a. Privacy statement: this privacy statement;
b. User: every user of the website;
c. The Very Little Agency / galactIQ: Maastricht The Netherlands;
d. website: the website run on the domain name https://galactiq.app
- The personal information processed by The Very Little Agency / galactIQ are;
- Full name,
- (e-mail) adres,
- phone number,
- Collection and use of personal data.
- The Very Little Agency / galactIQ collects personal data when the user transmits user data through the website to The Very Little Agency / galactIQ, e.g. when the user is requesting information about services or products of The Very Little Agency / galactIQ, places an order at The Very Little Agency / galactIQ, or when the user applied for the newsletter of The Very Little Agency / galactIQ.
- The Very Little Agency / galactIQ uses this personal data for purposes the user has given the data for The Very Little Agency / galactIQ:
- when the user requests The Very Little Agency / galactIQ for information about products or services The Very Little Agency / galactIQ processes the given information to handle such requests.
- When the user places an order, The Very Little Agency / galactIQ uses this personal data to finish the order.
- [When the user signed up for the newsletter, The Very Little Agency / galactIQ will use this personal data to send newsletters to the user.
- In addition, The Very Little Agency / galactIQ may use the personal data to inform its Users of products or services of The Very Little Agency / galactIQ that could be of interest to the relevant User. If the User objects to this, he or she can get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Users can subscribe to the newsletter, which means they periodically can receive an e-mail with information, news and products and services of The Very Little Agency / galactIQ. This subscription can be cancelled any moment by the user. The e-mail will only be used with explicit consent of a user to be added to this subscription list. The details will be saved for this goal, until the user cancels the subscription.
- Social media buttons
- On the website of The Very Little Agency / galactIQ there can be buttons installed to share pages or content of the website on different social media platforms such as [Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin,] etc. The content shared on these third party platforms via these buttons will be a responsibility of each specific platform. By clicking these buttons you will activate the corresponding platform.
- We advise users to read the privacy statement of these platforms to see what they do with personal data of users when they click said buttons.
- Minors (optional)
- In case the The Very Little Agency / galactIQ needs permission from the user to use personal data and the user is younger than 16 years, the user needs to have permission of his or her parents or guardian to provide the personal data to The Very Little Agency / galactIQ. The parent or guardian in such case can always change or modify provided personal data to The Very Little Agency / galactIQ.
- Transfer to 3rd party
- The Very Little Agency / galactIQ will not share personal details of it’s users with third parties, unless:
- The transfer is done to a by The Very Little Agency / galactIQ assigned data processor for purposes for which The Very Little Agency / galactIQ and the data processor have an agreement which offers sufficient guarantees with regard to technical and organizational security measures with regard to the processing to be carried out; or
- The Very Little Agency / galactIQ is required by law to pass on personal data to competent authorities.
- The Very Little Agency / galactIQ could also send personal data to third parties outside the EU. The Very Little Agency / galactIQ party makes sure that there are suitable security measures in place to prevent unauthorised access and abuse of personal data. For more information about the measurements in place contact email@example.com.
- The Very Little Agency / galactIQ will not share personal details of it’s users with third parties, unless:
- Security and confidentiality
- The Very Little Agency / galactIQ ensures appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent loss or unlawful processing of personal data. These measures guarantee, taking into account the state of technology and the costs of implementation, an appropriate level of security, having regard to the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the data to be protected. The measures are also aimed at preventing unnecessary collection and further processing of personal data.
- The Very Little Agency / galactIQ must record all data leaks and report them to the Local Data Protection Authority, unless it is unlikely that the data leak involves a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons. Based on records the data protection authority must be able to check if The Very Little Agency / galactIQ complied to the report duty.
- The Very Little Agency / galactIQ will notify the person(s) of the Data Leak as described above, insofar as the data leak is likely to pose a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
- Information obligation
- With this Statement The Very Little Agency / galactIQ meets its information obligation by informing the persons whose personal data are processed. This information is provided prior to the collection of the personal data or, if the data originate from third parties, prior to the moment of recording.
- With this declaration The Very Little Agency / galactIQ informs the users about their personal data being processed, for what purpose and on what basis and to whom the personal data are provided. Finally, this Declaration states which retention periods The Very Little Agency / galactIQ will use.
- Rights of person(s) involved: inspection, correction, protest
- Every person involved has the right to inspect. A request for access may bear little costs if the person requests additional copies of the personal data.
- If The Very Little Agency / galactIQ doubts the identity of the petitioner, he or she shall as soon as possible request the petitioner to provide further information in writing regarding his identity or provide a valid proof of identity. This request suspends the deadline until the time that the requested proof is delivered.
- A request for inspection must be made to The Very Little Agency / galactIQ, who will respond to this in writing within four weeks of receipt of this request.
- If the person concerned requests a correction because certain recorded data would be incorrect or incomplete, or because the objective of the system is not relevant, or conflict with these regulations, The Very Little Agency / galactIQ takes within four weeks after the data subject submitted a decision on this.
- If an involved user has made a request for correction of personal data processed by The Very Little Agency / galactIQ, the same user may request that the processing be restricted during the period that The Very Little Agency / galactIQ investigates the request. Even if the involved user is of the opinion that The Very Little Agency / galactIQ unlawfully processes personal data or no longer needs them, or if the involved user has objected to data processing, the involved user may request (temporarily) to limit data processing.
- In case The Very Little Agency / galactIQ sees reason to comply with the request for limitation of data processing, The Very Little Agency / galactIQ will only process personal data with the consent of the involved user or when there is a legitimate interest (including, but not limited to, the institution, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim).
- The Very Little Agency / galactIQ ensures that a decision to correct, supplement, remove or limit is implemented as quickly as possible.
- The person concerned is entitled at all times to object to the processing of personal data concerning him or her on the grounds of a specific basis of those provisions. The Very Little Agency / galactIQ ceases to process the personal data unless it invokes compelling justified grounds for processing that outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the involved user or that are related to the institution, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim.
- When personal data are processed for the purposes of direct marketing, the data subject has the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data relating to him for such marketing, including profiling relating to direct marketing. If the data subject objects to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
- The Very Little Agency / galactIQ must assess whether the objection is justified within four weeks of receipt of the objection. If that is the case, the processing of personal data must be terminated immediately.
- The data subject also has the right to have the personal data transferred. This means that the person concerned can submit a request to The Very Little Agency / galactIQ to send the personal data that is available about the person involved in a computer file to the data subject or to another organization named by the data subject.
- A decision on a request for inspection, a decision as mentioned in paragraph 4 and the assessment as referred to in paragraph 6 of this provision are decisions within the meaning of the General Administrative Law Act.
- Retention periods
- Address and customer data: the personal data will be deleted within 5 years, unless The Very Little Agency / galactIQ must comply with any law that requires the retention of your data for a longer period of time.
- Employees: the personal data will be deleted no later than two years after the employment or the activities of the person concerned have ended for the benefit of The Very Little Agency / galactIQ, unless the personal data are necessary to comply with a statutory obligation to retain data.
- The Very Little Agency / galactIQ also informs the person concerned that he / she has the right to submit a complaint to the national supervisory authority, the Local Data Protection Authority. You can find more information on the data supervisor here: [link to data protection authorities.] Depending on the country you are doing business from, data authorities may differ, Download this PDF, to find out the details for your data protection authority.
- Entry into force and citation
- This statement can be cited as Privacy Statement The Very Little Agency / galactIQ and will take effect on: [enter date, e.g. 20-5-2018]
The Declaration is established by The Very Little Agency and replaces any previous versions. The statement may be modified from time to time by The Very Little Agency.